FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ABOUT CSC!
How to contact:
Find us on Social Media and follow for updates!
CSC vs CNYUnited (rec soccer), what is the difference?
Age Groups (for the Fall 2023 Season)
CSC follows the SoccerMaine age chart. It is not by grade level like CNYUnited Soccer. Please check the age chart to determine the team.
Why is there no U9 Age group for CSC?
CSC does not field a u9 team, we combine our u9 and u10 teams. This is to allow players to choose between CNY United and CSC. CSC is a travel and competitive level soccer for players that want more training and higher level competition. For those looking for a recreational experience for their U9 players they should play CNYUnited. CSC U10 teams will typically be 3rd and 4th grade players combined (but it does depend on their birthday).
How are teams made?(2024)
u10 & u11 – This age group does not have playoffs. CSC utilizes a variety of data sets including evaluations to create as even teams as possible.
u12-u14 – This age group does have state playoffs. CSC will determine what is the best option for each age level based on a variety of data sets including evaluations. These decisions may include determining division level that teams play in (1 or 2), if there will be an “A” and “B” team or even teams.
What are the practice days and times?
- Practices are two evenings each week. Some teams may practice after school.
- Coaches select their practice days / times in mid-August (can be any days Monday Through Friday)
How long are practices?
- Practice times may vary based on age group and field availability.
- As we get further into fall sunset can cut practices short
What are the game times?
- Home games are played Sunday afternoons (Twin Brook does not allow Sunday morning games)
- Away games can occur any time on Sundays
- There is an occasional Saturday game during the season
- SoccerMaine publishes the game schedule in late August (Fall Classic Travel League)
Are there tournaments and other events?
- CSC Night at the Varsity Soccer games- typically end of August
- Labor Day Weekend Tournament (Sat/Sun)
- Indigenous People’s Day weekend Tournament (usually Falmouth or GNG)
- End of Season Festival Round Robin (U10&U11) or State playoffs (U12-U14)
- Ball Boys/Girls during varsity games – teams are assigned one to two varsity games to act as ball retrievers and they get to play at half time – it is a very exciting event for players!
- End of Season Banquet (Tentative TBD)
Timeline of Season (2023):
Late Spring – Evaluations are held for the age groups determined necessary by CSC.
Mid-late July: Parents hear from coaches and find out which team their child is on.
August 14: CSC teams are allowed to begin practicing. Not all teams will choose to hold practices in August. August practices will not necessarily be at consistent times or at the times they are held during the season . CSC teams need to share fields with high school teams and therefore may need to practice at later times. Consistent practice times begin when school starts.
Late August/September: The Season begins!
Game schedules are released by SoccerMaine in late August.
- U12 – U14 play their first game on August 27th (2023).
- U10/U11 play their first game on September 10 (2023).
- League games are typically played on Sundays, with home games played Sunday afternoon at Twin Brook (U11-U14) or GMS (U10).
Labor Day Weekend: Just for Fun Tournament.
- Each team will play 3-4 games on either Saturday or Sunday.
- The schedule is released in mid-August.
- U10 plays at GMS; U11-U14 plays at TwinBrook.
- Families are asked to help staff the snack shack on the day their team plays.
Indigenous Peoples’ Day Weekend: Each team will participate in either the Falmouth Tournament or the Patriot Tournament in Gray New Gloucester. These tournaments are typically 3 games over two days.
Late October U12-U14: League Playoffs. Every team makes the playoffs for their division and compete for the State Championship.
Late October U10 and U11: End of Season Festival. Each team participates in 3-4 games on either Saturday or Sunday.